Experimenting with bleach

I decided I needed a quick break from sewing, so I decided to experiment with bleach, like Malka Dubrawsky did in Quilting Arts magazine this month.  Since my dyes are in storage, I decided not to do any overdyeing this time.

I cut an 8″ x 10″ piece of 1/8″ Plexiglas into 3″ squares myself and clamped them together with small C clamps.  Some of the fabrics discharged, and some didn’t.    I’ve done a lot of discharge, using both bleach and Thiox, so this was nothing new for me. In the past, I’ve mostly discharged shibori-style, with string, rubber bands, and clamps.  So this was simply a quick way to satisfy my urge to experiment.

soaking.jpg qa_results.jpg


1 Comment »

  1. Deb Seeger said

    Your discharged dyeing is fabulous!!! Like you I have experimented extensively with removing color, over-dyeing and then screen printing on top. Thanks for sharing and I look forward to more of your delightful creations.

RSS feed for comments on this post · TrackBack URI

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

  • Archives

  • Enter your email address to follow this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

    Join 7 other followers

  • Advertisements
    %d bloggers like this: